Saturday, April 20, 2013

Soundcloud Artist of the Week: Lavers

Each week, I will be featuring an unsigned/independent artist that I discovered on Soundcloud. I will play a song from them during the new music hour at 6:30 on my show that week, and will write a bit more about them here.

Lavers is a band from Canberra, Australia who play the kind of classic power pop made famous by bands such as The Beatles and The Beach Boys, but with a more fresh, modern style reminiscent of The Shins or Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. 

They just released their latest single, "I've Been Waiting For You", which you can listen to below and download for free. They will be releasing a new album later this year.

Here are a couple older tracks from Lavers:

If you like what you heard, check out their Facebook page to learn more or their Soundcloud page to listen to more of their songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment