Saturday, October 26, 2013

Soundcloud Artist of the Week: Manicanparty

Each week, I will be featuring an unsigned/independent artist I discovered on Soundcloud. I will play one of their songs during my show that week, and write a bit more about them here.

This week's artist is actually not one I discovered on Soundcloud, but on Youtube last year. However, they just released a free EP that is available on their Soundcloud page.

Manicanparty is a duo from Minneapolis, Minnesota comprised of singer Jessica Corazza and producer Patrick Morrissey. You may have heard them on Flight of the Squawkatiel last year, when I played their tracks "Rebels in the Light", "Monarch" and "Bow Through My Heart".

They have a very unique sound they describe as "tribal pop" which combines the style of electronic pop that is popular today with tribal drumming and chanting. I highly recommend checking their videos out as well.

Below you can listen to their latest single "It's In Her Eyes" as well as a great acoustic version of their previous single "Monarch":

And here you can check out their videos for "Monarch" and "Rebels in the Light":

For more on Manicanparty:

Official site
Facebook
Soundcloud
Youtube / Vevo
Bandcamp

1 comment:

  1. I have been surfing on-line greater than three hours nowadays, but I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. I have got some awesome music from here ..That's why i thanked for for this.. You can review my article if possible "Why you should buy soundcloud plays to promote your album."

    ReplyDelete