Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Flight of the Squawkatiel's final show!

The day has come...January 27, 2016 will be the final edition of Flight of the Squawkatiel. It has been awesome doing this show for the past 4 years but it is time to try something new. Tune in tonight from 8-10 pm on 90.1 WRUV or listen online at wruv.org - I have one more hour of great new music plus an hour of some of the best songs you've heard on the show in the past four years. But fear not - I will be back at the same time next week with a brand new show called Squawkin' Good Radio! This show will air every Wednesday night from 8-10 pm and instead of an hour new music + an hour themed set, I will mix in the new music and older stuff together over the course of two hours (about 2/3 of it will be new music). I will be featuring more artists I discover on Soundcloud/Spotify, as well as old favorites from my collection. You'll still hear the same kind of music you've enjoyed on Flight of the Squawkatiel over the past few years. There may be a new, revamped edition of Squawkatiel Madness this spring as well! This new show will coincide with a new blog/Facebook/Twitter/Soundcloud profile called Squawkin' Good Tunes. If you are already following me on Facebook, Twitter or Soundcloud, those will change over to the new one. I will be using this to share all my favorite new musical discoveries with you in addition to my weekly show. This is meant to be a unique music blog for those of you who are tired of the music Pitchfork/Stereogum/etc have been pushing lately and want something a little different yet familiar. I don't know how much longer I will be doing a show at WRUV, but I plan to be there through the spring and most likely the summer as well. I will be leaving Burlington in the near future for work/life reasons but I do plan on keeping the music blog throughout, and this new show is meant to ease that transition. I do hope you continue listening because I have some great stuff to share with you this year! -McSquawk

No comments:

Post a Comment