Saturday, November 16, 2013

Soundcloud Artist of the Week: Silvertin

Each week, I will be featuring an unsigned/independent artist I discovered on Soundcloud. I will play one of their songs during my show that week, and write a bit more about them here.

Silvertin are a rock band from the UK. They have a sound that recalls 90's britpop, which is no surprise since they list The Verve and The Stone Roses as some of their influences. Their music also has a very spacey atmosphere, reminiscent of Pink Floyd, and some of the guitar work brings U2 to mind. So far, they have released one album, 2012's Dirty Oxygen, as well as a couple other tracks and remixes that you can listen to on their Soundcloud page.

Below you can stream their entire album Dirty Oxygen. (I recommend the title track, which I played on my show this week). They are currently working on new music which should be out next year.


For more on Silvertin:

Facebook
Soundcloud
Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment